New MSC Seascape to Offer Award-Winning Family Experiences
Families will find a wonderland of children’s programming on the new MSC Seascape. Newly designed spaces with the latest technology plus social media and interactive activities will be featured.
More than 350,000 young guests have sailed with MSC Cruises over the years, and the line continues to expand family experiences. With the rise in multi-generational travel and an increasing number of young cruisers, MSC Seascape plans to take family entertainment to another level.
“We have invested heavily in the entertainment proposition for our youngest guests,” Steve Leatham, global head of entertainment for MSC Cruises, said in a news release. “We know they value the latest technology, trends and happenings more than any other group, and we lead the way in creating special vacations.”
The cutting-edge amusement options will be available when MSC Seascape begins offering seven-night cruises in December. The ship will feature one of the largest children’s areas in the fleet, spanning 7,567 square feet of dedicated space and featuring a fresh futuristic design.
“The ship programming is full of innovations in hardware and software, and we have taken care to ensure that all age groups have exclusive access to all the amazing venues and spaces onboard this amazing ship,” Leatham said. “We are working with many partners and producing much of the content ourselves, ensuring everything is relevant and fits with our amazing ships.”
Wonderful new spaces aboard the MSC Seascape include:
– Two LEGO Rooms: Built in partnership with LEGO, one room will offer LEGO DUPLO for ages 3 to 6. The other room will cater to ages 7 to 11 with LEGO bricks and the opportunity to earn a certificate to become a LEGO Master Builder.
– Three New Concept Spaces for Teens: Guests ages 12 to 17 will enjoy three new themed areas to engage with other teens. The first space will center around “Future” and features a technology area with the latest generation consoles, VR and screens. The “Chill Out” area will offer a place for teens to talk, exchange social media contacts and challenge each other to games of ping pong and foosball. The third space celebrates “Music” with a dance club featuring light and sound effects that allows teens to choose their own songs late into the night.
“With MSC Seascape, we want to surprise and leave Generation Z speechless,” Matteo Mancini, corporate kids entertainment manager for MSC Cruises, said in a press release. “We’ve listened to the 350,000 young people who have traveled with us over the years and followed their trends and requests.”
New interactive game shows incorporating the latest technology include:
– Break the Wall: Guests stand in front of a giant digital wall that will determine which surprise tests must be performed on stage in front of a jury composed of the audience.
– Vikings: Families can participate in an “edutaining” game that will teach participants about the history of Vikings while presenting them with a fun challenge at sea.
– Cabin 12006 The Secret Game: Inspired by the MSC original “Cabin 12006” web series, this immersive experience combines music, videos, Tik Tok trials, memory games and more as guests try their hand at solving mysteries on board.
– Beat the Music: During this interactive and digital game show dedicated to music suitable for all ages, the whole family will be the star of the show. Guests can play the game through a dedicated app where parents will be challenged to know the latest music hits their kids are listening to and kids will have to guess the classics their parents love.
“We will offer even more space and new experiences for teenagers, have exclusive game shows for this age group and the first ‘edutainment’ game show dedicated to history, bringing in the concepts of new technology and social media,” Mancini said.
Photos courtesy of MSC Cruises
- MSC Seascape will launch in December. (Cover photo)
- The Young Club is part of the new kids’ space.
- The Junior Club offers cutting-edge entertainment.
- The Teen Club features activities from latest consoles to dance competitions.
See sailings here MSC Cruise – Cruise Line | Crown Cruise Vacations