7 Reasons the Seabourn Quest is Hailed as “Game Changer” for the Luxury Cruise Segment - Crown Cruise Vacations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
7 Reasons the Seabourn Quest is Hailed as “Game Changer” for the Luxury Cruise Segment
Sophisticated Cruise Specialists at Crown Cruise Vacations Assist with the Ordinary and the Extraordinary Cruises
Princeton, N.J. (July 22, 2011) – What makes the new Seabourn Quest so interesting? If you are seeking new thrills and the feeling of a brand new luxury ship, you will want to consider sailing on the new Seabourn Quest, available through Crown Cruise Vacations’ sophisticated cruise specialists.
The Quest’s maiden season is well underway and includes seven-day Eastern Mediterranean cruises, operating alternately between Athens, Istanbul and Venice, as well as a seven-day Black Sea voyage.
The Seabourn Quest is the third iteration of the sleek and widely admired design that first appeared as the Seabourn Odyssey in June 2009 and has been hailed as “a game-changer for the luxury segment.”
According to Crown Cruise Vacations President, Ross Spalding, here are 7 reasons to consider the new Seabourn Quest and why she is hailed as a “Game Changer” for the luxury cruise segment.
1. The thrill of a new ship-– For those fortunate enough to experience an inaugural cruise or maiden voyage such as the Seabourn Quest 109-day Maiden World Cruise, there are some exciting things to experience. Each port is a new stop for a ship on a maiden voyage, so often its arrival becomes a local event, often with music and other festivities. Not every port will do this, but it’s sure a sight to see when they do! The sheer enjoyment of something that’s absolutely brand new, as the vessel has seen no wear and tear. Every aspect of the ship is still in pristine condition and passengers can’t help but feel a bit elite and a part of the ship’s history. How great is it to be able to say, “Oh, yes, I was on the maiden voyage”? There are often special maiden voyage events and keepsake items commemorating the voyage.
2. Privacy–You will indeed have the feeling of traveling on your own private yacht, as The Quest offers only 225 luxurious and spacious suites, of which 90 percent have gorgeous private verandas.
3. The shore excursions–There are many memorable shore excursions to select from, depending on the itinerary. Here is one example from the port of Kerkira, Corfu, Greece, one of the historical stops on the world cruise.
The Achilleion Palace: Ever since Homer sang the praises of the beautiful and rich land of the Phaecians, Corfu has remained a part of Greece distinctive unto itself. In the fertile area of orange and lemon groves is where the Empress Elisabeth (Sissy) of Austria chose to build her villa. Designed in neoclassical style by her Italian architect and constructed in 1890, the villa reflects Elisabeth’s admiration for the Greek god Achilles. The Empress named it “The Achilleion,” and the god is represented in paintings and sculptures throughout the house and beautifully landscaped grounds. When an anarchist in Geneva assassinated her, the villa was purchased by Kaiser Wilhelm II who used it as a summer retreat. After a brief period as a grand casino, the villa then became a museum that provides a rare glimpse into the privileged lifestyle of turn-of-the-20th-century European rulers. As your guide takes you through the palace, you can marvel at the exquisite rooms, terraces and its picturesque gardens that overlook the sea and Corfu town. The palace has a sentimental attachment to the tourists from England for being the rumored birthplace of Prince Phillip and the James Bond movie “For Your Eyes Only” was filmed at this magnificent palace and immortalized.
4. Truly gourmet food–The Seabourn Quest offers gourmet dining experiences in four dining venues that rival the finest restaurants anywhere, all at no extra charge. The Restaurant is a fine-dining, open-seating gourmet experience, with the capacity to seat all guests. Restaurant 2 offers exciting avant-garde dining, serving innovative small-plates tasting menus. The indoor/outdoor Colonnade features an open-kitchen style, while the Patio Grill offers al fresco poolside dining on deck. Guests can also enjoy meals from The Restaurant menu, served course by course in the comfort and privacy of their suite or on their veranda. All dining venues, as well as six bars and lounges, serve a full range of beverages, including Champagne, fine wines and spirits, with Seabourn’s compliments.
5. The spa–Seabourn Quest houses an 11,400-square foot Spa, the largest spa on any luxury vessel, providing the ultimate pampering experience at sea. The two-deck facility features a Kneipp Walk (holistic hydrotherapy treatment and healing remedies designed to enhance circulation), an herbal bath facility and aroma steam bath with salt inhalation, and a Kinesis Wall (enhances functional fitness movements). A Spa Villa is available for guests seeking an indulgent private experience, with a treatment area large enough for duet treatments, a shower, a bathtub big enough for two, a private balcony for sunbathing, a full living room, a dining table and double daybed for relaxing.
6. The technology and amenities–You will have a walk-in closet, an interactive flat-screen TV with a wide selection of music and movies, and an iPod and MP3 connections. Personal bars and refrigerators are stocked according to guest preferences. Seabourn Quest offers a host of other amenities and features, including two swimming pools, six whirlpools and a unique marina with a variety of watersport activities. One of the most popular spots is Seabourn Square, an innovative concierge lounge with a “club room” ambiance, making guests feel at home during their cruises.
7. A new itinerary for the line--On January 5, 2012, the Seabourn Quest will begin a 109-day Maiden World Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Venice on a unique eastbound course via South America, South Africa, the Indian Ocean, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Mediterranean.
For more information or to book a Seabourn cruise, you can reach Ross Spalding, President of Crown Cruise Vacations or a cruise specialist at 877-283-1114 (USA toll-free) or +1-609-945-9801. Many of the cruise specialists have cruised Seabourn and have extensive knowledge and access to amenities and other booking enhancements.
# # #
About Crown Cruise Vacations: Great value and unparalleled service are the cornerstones of Crown Cruise Vacations. These attributes are combined with the use of modern technology to power their success and thrive in the competitive cruise and vacation travel marketplace.
Based in Princeton, New Jersey, Crown Cruise Vacations’ specialists are comprised of a unique team of experienced, accredited travel agents and managers. Each specialist has an average of 10 years selling leisure travel designed to delight clients as they take dream vacations. For more information, please visit us at http://www.crowncruisevacations.com/.
Crown Cruise Vacations
103 Main St, Suite 300
Princeton, NJ 08540
877-283-1114 USA toll-free
+1-609-945-9801 direct dial