10 Things You Might Not Know About the Norwegian Breakaway, NCL’s Newest Ship - Crown Cruise Vacations
For Immediate Release
10 Things You Might Not Know About the Norwegian Breakaway, NCL’s Newest Ship
Sophisticated Cruise Specialists at Crown Cruise Vacations Assist With the Ordinary and the Extraordinary Cruises
PRINCETON, N.J. (March 21, 2013) – Even if you know about NCL’s newest ship – the Norwegian Breakaway – here are 10 things you might not know, according to Crown Cruise Vacations President Ross Spalding.
Norwegian Cruise Line’s new state-of-the-art 4,000 passenger ship, Norwegian Breakaway, will sail from her year-round homeport of New York City to the Bahamas & Florida and the Caribbean during her inaugural winter season. Following a summer inaugural season sailing seven-day cruises from New York to Bermuda, Norwegian Breakaway will embark on a series of 25 seven-day cruises to the Bahamas & Florida beginning on Sunday, October 13, 2013. The ship will also sail two 12-day Southern Caribbean itineraries on January 5 and 19, 2014, along with two Weekend Escape cruises on January 17 and 31, 2014.
1. Norwegian Breakaway will homeport year-round in New York City.
2. The Breakaway will have a live fireworks show on every cruise. The environmentally-friendly pyrotechnics display will dazzle guests on the second to last night at sea each week.
3. For larger families, 42 of 158 oceanview cabins on the Breakaway will be “family oceanviews,” which can accommodate up to five people.
4. The ship’s signature hull artwork was designed by pop icon Peter Max, termed “America’s Most Collected Artist.”
5. Norwegian Breakaway features the first Aqua Park at sea. It boats five full-size water slides including twin Free Fall slides, the first ever at sea.
6. The ship also has a three-story sports complex with the most extensive ropes course at sea, a nine-hole miniature golf course, a basketball court and rock climbing wall.
7. The Breakaway will feature The Waterfront, an outdoor “boardwalk” with eight al fresco dining venues and lounges. It connects to 678 Ocean Place, a three-deck atrium running the length of the ship.
8. Norwegian Breakaway will feature a taste of New York with authentic Sabrett New York hot dog carts positioned around the ship, where guests can enjoy their hot dogs with Brooklyn Lager beer.
9. The Rockettes® are the godmothers of Norwegian Breakaway.
10. The Norwegian Breakaway’s construction meets all the latest safety standards, and all valid environmental regulations.
Norwegian Cruise Line has a 46-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising, which gives guests more freedom and flexibility. Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 11 Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea.
For more information on the incredible features and accommodations on the Norwegian Breakaway and other NCL ships, sophisticated cruise specialists at Crown Cruise Vacations can assist with the ordinary and the extraordinary. To work with Crown Cruise Vacations President Ross Spalding or a Crown Cruise Vacations cruise specialist for your next vacation, please call toll-free (USA/Canada) 877-283-1114, direct-dial 1+609-945-9801, or visit Crown Cruise Vacations at http://www.crowncruisevacations.com.
# # #
About Crown Cruise Vacations:
Sophisticated cruise specialists at Crown Cruise Vacations assist with the ordinary and the extraordinary, with travel designed to delight clients as they take dream vacations. Great value and unparalleled service are the cornerstones of Crown Cruise Vacations.
Crown Cruise Vacations was named North America’s Leading Cruise Travel Agent 2011 by the prestigious World Travel Awards, which acknowledges excellence across all sectors of the global travel and tourism industry.
Crown Cruise Vacations is the preferred provider of PTV at Sea cruises, which enrich, inspire and entertain with informative programming presented by some of public broadcasting’s most acclaimed personalities.
Based in Princeton, New Jersey, Crown Cruise Vacations specialists are comprised of a unique team of experienced, accredited travel agents and managers with an average of more than 12 years selling leisure travel. For more information, please visit us at http://www.crowncruisevacations.com/.
Crown Cruise Vacations
103 Main St, Suite 300
Princeton, NJ 08540 USA
877-283-1114 toll-free USA/Canada